Become an Independent Insurance Agent
Are you seeking a position in insurance? Do you want a career that allows you to be independent?
Sonder Insurance Group is hiring for an Independent Insurance Agent!
Insurance Agent Job Summary
This position requires the agent partner to be highly-driven, ethical and well-organized insurance professional. In this position, you will provide services to clients who seek a change in their life, commercial, property or casualty insurance. You will establish, maintain, and enhance client relationships to resolve issues and retain customers. You will act as an outside sales agent, selling property, casualty, commercial lines, and other insurance products to provide superior customer service.
Insurance Agent Duties and Responsibilities
• Approach potential clients by phone, email, social media or in person while developing your own marketing strategy.
• Develop base for long-term sources of clients by using referrals or groups.
• Determine the specific needs of individual clients by researching current coverage and available options while developing a positive working relationship.
• Answer questions related to coverage by knowing policy coverage, endorsements, exclusions, premiums and related fees.
• Develop leads and schedule appointments.
• Utilize a customer-focused, needs-based annual review of client insurance options to educate both clients and you of changes.
• Obtain underwriting approval by completing applications for coverage.
• Deliver policies after complete review and approval.
• Assist if needed with claims reporting, servicing and policy maintenance.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities (reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations, etc.) including training on carrier’s portals and websites.
• Tracking, recording and following up on all new business, renewals and commissions.
Goals & Expectations
- Focus on writing profitable business and developing high retention through cross sell opportunities.
- Always representing the company positively. Encourage others that are part of or want to become a part of the Sonder Insurance Group.
- Maintain accurate notes, documentation and information retention for all transactions and communications.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in all transactions.
Support the company growth, success & effectiveness by participating in team meetings, contributing to new ideas and helping to improve on ways of doing business.
- Agents have the option to hire their own support staff, marketers or CSR’s or pool together with other agents to share these resources.